Friday, December 16, 2011

friday fixations



{celestial seasonings holiday teas} I'm so glad I found these! Some blog somewhere put the idea into my head (by proclaiming that Nutcracker Sweet was their be all, end all for holiday drinks -- that's all it takes for me #easilypersuaded). I like them all; but if I had to put them in order of favourite to not as favourite, it would definitely go Gingerbread Spice, Candy Cane Lane, and Sugar Plum Spice (this one leaves a weird taste in my mouth). Also try combining Candy Cane Lane with the others. Delicious! It doesn't look like Nutcracker Sweet (or -- holy hell! -- Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride?!) is available in Canada which makes me so angry right now.

{tea cups} That's a really surprising addition, right? At first, all of my granny tea drinking was taking place in plain ol' ceramic mugs and then I thought, "I am the biggest idiot on the planet!" cuz I have shelves and shelves of pretty, dainty tea cups and saucers. You know, just sitting there, doing nothing. So I started drinking my teas out of pretty cups and not only did I feel pretty using them, but I realized that tea cups are perfect for tea because they're just insulated enough to keep the tea warm while you drink, but they don't keep it boiling hot for (what feels like) forever like a standard ceramic mug does (and the tea cup itself seems to stay at a reasonable temperature too). Mugs are best left to coffee and hot chocolate, I think.

{christmas music} Maybe since I'm not in a retail store every day or because we missed out on Christmas (a little) last year, I'm kinda hooked on listening to festive music during the day. This is my favourite mix to start on, then I just let it run on to the next and the next. (Actually, when I think about it, I'm probably listening to this music because it's so budgie friendly, i.e. he either sleeps through songs or chatters away with them. There is no angry squawking when Christmas music is on.)

{light effects} That perfect moment when the sun comes into the main floor living room and hits the sparkly things on the Christmas tree in just the right way so as to reflect little dots of light onto all of the walls and the ceiling. I tried to capture it in a picture, but it just didn't do it any justice. And, on the weekends, when we're lounging and watching Netflix in that room, it's fun to pull the curtains closed and look at the shadows of the snowflakes I have stuck on the window.

Here are some videos I love right now, too!


{christmas hedgehogs} Remember those "choose your own ending" books? Well, here's a super cute choose your own ending hedgehog video!


{shit girls say}You identified with at least one thing in there, didn't you? Come on. You know you did. I need more of these videos pronto.


{snl call your girlfriend} Finally! Spastic, random dancing is acceptable!

No comments: